Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Seeking God to be free


My country is of thee, oh sweet land of  liberty.

Thrown down the trash bin, of our cherished, forgotten history.



Our children taught lies, schoolings deceptive disguise.

A country’s pride and honor, from within slowly dies.



Love of freedom there is no more. Personal responsibility; such a task, such a chore.

Free us from consequence they shouted in vain; save us from misery save, us from shame.

Save us from our self and the choices we make.

Let us live in illusion, in freedom that’s fake.



For where are the principles that set men free?

Where is the understanding of what freedom means?



It can’t happen here they said, I’ll fight to the death!

I will defend my rights with my dying last breath!



Yet here we are, right on the line.

Dangerously close, so out of time.



We must seek God and not the words of men.

This is the only way that freedom, can ever reign again.

1 comment:

  1. Poetry is elegant in its ability to use a few words and yet convey a lot of meaning. Love it. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Analyzing the Attempts to Normalize Pedophilia.

  December 18, 2023   by  David Risselada Sometimes I find myself at a loss. The past few years have been quite an experience for me as I ha...