Monday, April 21, 2014

Intercepting Bloomberg's Punt......David Risselada

I want to talk about Michael Bloomberg's latest initiative to demonize legal gun owners. I say "legal" gun owners because you and I know that the only people that are likely to comply with gun laws are descent, law abiding citizens. The gun grabbers stand no chance of forcing people with the intent of harming another, or stealing from others for that matter, to turn in their firearms. They know this, which is why gun control being about the safety of children or communities is as much as a fallacy as the idea that waging a war on drugs will keep people "drug free." We have seen how well that works out. 

By now we all know that Bloomberg is spending fifty million dollars of his own money to wage a media campaign of sorts, against gun owners. The idea is to influence one million new voters to get to the polls and vote their God Given rights of self defense down the tubes. I don't know about you, but fifty million dollars seems like an awful lot of money to waste as the gun grabbing efforts of Obama and the U.N. have only encouraged more people to become avid supporters of the second amendment. I can't help but think that the latest display of tyrannical power at the Bundy Ranch isn't helping the "pro" second amendment movement. Well, whatever floats his boat.

While I didn't personally see it, nor will I post it here because I refuse to fund it in any way shape or form, I hear his latest advertisement is a real winner. It doesn't really matter what the commercial portrays, its the type of anti gun propaganda you would expect from the likes of Bloomberg. What does matter however, is how we deal with it. 

I remember when I was ten years old and I received my first shot gun from my Granddad, a single shot twenty gauge. Before teaching me how to shoot he said nine simple words that lay the foundation for gun safety. "Never point at anything you don't intend to shoot." Those words mean little today as the majority of our youth have become so desensitized to violence as they are conditioned to pull the trigger indiscriminately through the video games they play. I have believed for many years now that video games are very influential on human behavior, and when combined with the cocktail of  anti depressant drugs that many children are on, they can have a mesmerizing affect on the brain. Its not as if I don't let my kids play video games, but its about balance. 

Here's the point, part of that balance involves ensuring my children are not so stupid as to fall for Bloomberg's propaganda. My youngest daughter probably knows more about gun safety than his armed goons, and can probably shoot better too, shes shooting my first .22 from my other granddad. There is one thing that the left believes that I happen to agree with; and that is if you get them young you can influence them for a lifetime. I'm going to get the attention of my children before Bloomberg does, I already have. My children will never fall for his lies and his deceitful message because they both know that their lives are valuable enough for them to retain the inalienable right to defend it. They both know that a gun doesn't just  pick itself up and shoot at random, and they both know what it is capable of doing because I taught them gun safety. They would look at a commercial like Bloomberg's and wonder what type of an idiot would think people would believe such nonsense. Children's brains really are wonderful things, thank God for small miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment